Sunday, March 20, 2016

Comas, comets; and what they have in common

Sunday morning I woke up from a coma, 
so I raced the sun to the horizon but it beat me there, so I flew to the moon and made a home in its craters. I met a man there, and we talked about earth, we talked about asteroids and I told him I was one. I was born in the belt between Mars and Jupiter and I fell to the surface, though I never really belonged with the stars born to the ground. I was a celestial body melted down and given the name "Amanda"

I told him that no one knows I sometimes cry at night, because before the morning I clear my throat and wipe my eyes. 

I told him things that make my heart happy like wind shield wipers, rose colored glasses, bendy straws, street lights and kids in snow clothes. 

I told him that I'm scared of car crashes and codependency.

I told him about the nights when I couldn't sleep and the intrusive thoughts and how I like my cookies unbaked.

So when you need to talk, point your voice upward, I promise the moon will keep your secrets.



1 comment:

  1. "So when you need to talk, point your voice upward, I promise the moon will keep your secrets."
    sooo relate able. and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete